Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Setting Up

For my Micro Aquarium, I decided to use water from the plastic bird bath pool . 0.9 mile from Fountain City Pond on Fountain Rd. Knox Co. Knoxville TN Partial shade exposure N 36o02.249' W083o55.999' 1121 ft 10/9/2011.
To begin setting up my Micro Aquarium, I gathered mud from the bird bath water using a pipette and squirted a few drops into my container. Then I gathered water from the middle and top and squirted it into my small aquarium. I also added two plants, Plant A . Amblestegium sp. Moss. Collection from: Natural spring. at Carters Mill Park, Carter Mill Road, Knox Co. TN. Partial shade exposure. N36 01.168 W83 42.832. 10/9/2011 and Plant B. Utricularia gibba L. Flowering plant. A carnivous plant. Original material from south shore of Spain Lake (N 35o55 12.35" W088o20' 47.00), Camp Bella Air Rd. East of Sparta Tn. in White Co. and grown in water tanks outside of greenhouse at Hesler Biology Building. The University of Tennessee. Knox Co. Knoxville TN. After adding my water and plants, I used an adhesive to place a lid to keep the water from evaporating. Looking at this under the microscope for the first time was already pretty fascinating. Already, I see small bubble-like things moving around. Some are tiny and round, some were a little bigger and oval-shaped. I haven't yet learned what these organisms are.

No comments:

Post a Comment